Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Bloody Valentine

Valentine's Day?

It is to laugh.

The only nod I gave the occasion was drinking a Bloody Mary.  (It's a reach, I know...it's supposed to be (at least in theory) a holiday about love...we feel love in our hearts...hearts pump blood...yeah.  I know.  Pretty lame.)

But get this:  the lovely Lola-Rose is doing a V8 Juice fast, and I've decided to join her...for a little bit, anyway.  And I suggested that she liven things up a bit, and I followed my own advice, and I ran out and got a bottle of lo-sodium spicy V8 and I've doctored it with wostershire sauce and a dash of horseradish sauce (neither of which are vegan, and the worstershire isn't even vegetarian, but a man's gotta know his limitations!) and a serious amount of freshly-ground pepper and, in what is truly Coloring Outside The Lines of The Juice Fast, a sprig of celery, a pickled okra, and a toothpick speared with a garlic-stuffed olive and a little pearl onion.   (As you can clearly see, I prefer my Bloody Marys to be like little salads.)

I just built one (my first ever Small-manufactured Bloody Mary, based upon years of drinking the damn things at brunches whilst hungover) and I must say, it is NOM NOM NOM NOM.  Good!  And good for you!  And I am being good, so I ixnayed the odkavay.

Big took a sip and he said (and I quote) (and yes it is superfluous at best to say "and I quote" when one is using quotation marks, but I want to be abundantly clear that no paraphrasing was done of Big here):

(now what the hell was I saying?  Damn ADD.  Oh, yeah.) (And might I add, parenthetically speaking (and yes, it is equally redundant  and superfluous to say "parenthetically speaking" inside of a bracket of parentheses, but there you go) that this is sorta like drinking cocktail sauce, if you happen to be into that sort of thing?)

So he said, "damn, that's good....you're going to drink these things night and day until you're sick of them, aren't you?"

LOL

2 comments:

  1. o.O Oh wow XD You know, I've never actually had a bloody mary... I feel so uncultured XD

    ReplyDelete