Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Fast Fast

I am a really awful faster.  I don't know how people do it and function.  But when I am triggered, I can (sometimes) manage 24 hours.

I need to fast today, and I will.  I'm back up to 103 -- how does one gain two pounds after one binge?  I know, it's not real weight, right?  Tell that to my scale.  The numbers there look real enough.

Plan for today:  lots of cups of tea, and I have watercress and balsamic vinegar in case of emergency.  Last food intake was at 9:00 p.m. last night, so if I can at least get to 9:00 p.m. tonight, that will be 24 hours.  I'm still snowed in so there's no excuse for failing -- no work to be done, I can just sit here and read your lovely blogs and some books I've been meaning to get to, and drink tea, and hermit.

Also:  Thanks for the comments and support -- they mean a lot!

5 comments:

  1. I've never been one for fasting either. It just leads to huge binges.

    Being snowed in must suck!! But you can totally make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it! Don't give up today. Whenever you feel like giving up, just remember it's not forever. You can make it till tonight.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermit as a verb, I like it.

    Never weigh yourself the day after a binge. Let your body process the sodium and refined carbohydrates first. Don't be surprised if those two pounds are gone tomorrow.

    Let us know if you're reading anything interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elara....I must confess, it is not an invention of my own. I first read it many moons ago in Anise's blog. ;)

    I'm re-reading Anna Karenina....totally absorbing. Next up (or maybe during): a little Ayn Rand (The Virtue of Selfishness)

    i wish I could go a day without weighing myself. I am not that highly evolved. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, hun! I suck at fasting. I figure even if you manage more than 12 hours, it's a good fast--that's long enough that your body is clean of all the crap. <3

    Hermitage is good. Sharpens your brain, I think... xoxo

    ReplyDelete